Wednesday 28 December 2022

SIGMA EUROCOMM MULTI SCAN DX 25-1300MHz BASE SCANNER ANTENNA / AERIAL

A rally I went to back in November 2022 I picked up a short vertical antenna. The guy who was selling told me it was for 145Mhz but I knew this wasn't the case. It was either the scanner antenna or the excalibur CB antenna sold by a UK company.

 


 I had no use for either but was always interested to see what was inside so I bought it. 

It was the scanner version and never had much hope to what was inside and I wasn't dissappointed either! Basically a 1 metre lenght of copper wire with a number of coils (4 in total) to form the main element, the out of the coax isn't connected to form part of the antenna basically to the SO-239. Where these manufactures come up with these claim's of 25- 1300Mhz range. I know this is scanner antenna and I won't see a perfect match between this frequency range but for interest I done a sweep on the rigexpert analyzer and didn't see a dip of less that 6:1 anywhere upto 600Mhz (what my AA-600  goes to) I would expect to see one or two dips of less than the 6:1 somewhere! 

Click image to enlarge

   

  

No comments:

Post a Comment