Tuesday 22 November 2022

8M - First local test prep.

Tomorrow I have a day off from work and if all goes to plan, I intend on heading out to capture some  WSPR reports from some local sites.

The first test is try four different sites; North, South, East and West starting approx 1.5kms from my QTH and collect a total of 6 different reception reports at each of these sites. Three with the 1/4 vertical whip and three with the loop.   

Click on the images to enlarge the view of the terrain. The elevation at my QTH is 60metres.


Pins 1.5kms away N,S,E,W


Terrain towards the North from QTH (IO95GB)


Terrain towards the East from QTH (IO95GA)


Terrain towards the South from QTH (IO95GA)


Terrain towards the West from QTH ( IO95FA)




 



 

2 comments:

  1. Hello Jason, I follow your blog with great interest. After some research I believe I can do the same thing here in the Netherlands. Following "Regulation on the use of frequency space without a licence and without a notification obligation 2015" in our law I am allowed to use 40.680 with 10mW erp. 73, Bas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bas,
      Thanks for following!

      This is great news if you can also carry out the same tests. Maybe in the future we could try portable locations UK to NL with 10mW as we are both close to the sea : )

      73
      Jason

      Delete