Sunday 18 December 2022

Yaesu TCXO-9 and extra FT-817 what to do!

After posting about the FT-817 I bought on ebay that had the optional extras and I was just after the TCXO! it got me thinking as I have a few items in the shack that I wasn't using. A Target HF-3 shortwave receiver that I bought at a rally to use as test receiver when I build things and the Anytone AT-878 handheld which I bought for mobile use.

The handheld ended up being a APRS tracker in the car as I'm not fussed on DMR and FM is quiet up here during the day. The HF-3 receiver got put on the bench and ended up listening to 1215KHz most of the time and as the receiver didn't have all the modes so it was limited, so I decided to sell them both and over the weekend they went quite quickly!

I've decided the FT-817 will replace both of them and can be used as my portable/mobile radio or as a bench receiver among other things. If it gets dirty or scratched I won't be to fussed I will get more use out of the 817 than I did of the handheld and SW receiver. 

Still do I keep the filter or let it go? I don't really have a need for it but will I kick myself later on which is more the question!

   

No comments:

Post a Comment